Visiting the K-ABC Institute
The K-ABC Institute is located in the main building of The Chicago School of Professional Psychology.
Department of School Psychology
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
325 N. Wells St.
Chicago, Illinois 60654
We are in the heart of downtown Chicago, next to the Merchandise Mart, with views of the river and landmark buildings. There are plenty of excellent hotels and restaurants in the blocks around the School and they make it easy to come and visit with us at the K-ABC Institute!
Below you will find specific transportation and accomodation information.
Chicago O’Hare International Airport (CTA Blue Line)
- Getting to TCS: Follow signs to CTA Blue Line. Take the subway to the "Lake and Clark Street" stop. You will emerge from the subway station inside of the Thompson Center. Walk west two blocks to Wells Street and head north/right over the river. The campus is on the east side of the street. The "L" ride is approximately 50 minutes from O'Hare.
Chicago Midway Airport (CTA Orange Line)
- Getting to TCS: Follow signs to CTA Orange/Midway Line. Take the train to the "Lake and Clark Street" stop. Take stairs to street level and you will be on Lake Street. Walk west on Lake Street two blocks to Wells Street and head north/right over the river. The campus is on the east side of the street. The 'L' ride is less than 40 minutes from Midway.
The Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) is Chicago’s public transportation system which provides services via buses and the rail system (aka the ‘L’). The L consists of eight rapid transit routes spanning the city:
- Red (Howard-Dan Ryan) runs north-south from Howard Street, which separates Chicago and Evanston in the north, to 95th Street on the South Side, along the Dan Ryan Expressway (90/94). This is a 24 hour train.
- Brown (Ravenswood) circles downtown (The Loop) and then goes north and northwest to Kimball and Lawrence. This train stops running in the late evening.
- Purple (Evanston Express) also circles downtown and follows the same route on the north side as the Red Line, but makes fewer stops and goes further into Evanston. This train has limited weekly and weekend hours of service.
- Blue (Congress/Douglas/O'Hare) runs from O'Hare Airport southeast to downtown, then goes to the west/southwest on two separate lines. This is a 24 hour train.
- Green (Harlem/Lake) runs west from downtown to the suburb of Oak Park and south from downtown to 63rd Street. This train stops running in the late evening.
- Pink (54th/Cermak/Chinatown) also circles downtown before going west on the green line tracks to Ashland. At Ashland, the travels south and connects to the Blue line towards 54th/Cermak. This train stops running in the late evening.
- Orange (Midway) also circles downtown and goes southwest to Midway Airport.
Yellow (Skokie Swift) connects the suburb of Skokie with the Red and Purple Lines at Howard. This train has limited weekly hours and no weekend service.
Fare: $2.25 (train); $2.00 (bus)
CTA Passes (unlimited rides):
Hyatt Regency Chicago
Parking near TCS:
151 East Wacker Dr., Chicago, IL 60601
Attractions: Michigan Avenue/Magnificent Mile, Theater District, Navy Pier, …
Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza
350 North Orleans St., Chicago, IL 60654
*Rates: ~ $159.00
Hotel Allegro in Chicago
171 West Randolph, Chicago, IL 60601
Attractions: Millennium Park, Theatre District, Michigan Ave, & Navy Pier
Marriott Springhill Suites River North Hotel
410 North Dearborn St., Chicago, IL 60654
Attractions: Navy Pier, Shedd Aquarium, Millennium Park, Water Tower Place, …
Amalfi Hotel Chicago
20 West Kinzie St., Chicago, IL 60610
*Rates: ~ $159.00
Attractions: Michigan Ave, the Loop, Museums, and River North Night Life District
Best Western River North in Chicago
125 West Ohio, Chicago, IL 60610
Attractions: Navy Pier, Michigan Ave, Hard Rock Cafe, ESPN Zone, House of Blues, …
La Quinta Inn & Suites
One South Franklin, Chicago, IL 60606
Attractions: Chicago Cultural Center, Millennium Park, Art Institute of Chicago, …
Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Downtown River
30 East Hubbard St., Chicago, IL 60611
600 North State St., Chicago, IL 60654
Four Points Sheraton
630 North Rush St., Chicago, IL 60611
Attractions: Michigan Ave
The Chicago School campus does not have on-site parking; however, there are several commercial parking lots close to campus.
(401 N. Wells St.)
After 4 p.m. parking - $8
(located on ground level on the north side of the building with entrance on Kinzie)
0-20 mins - $6
21-40 mins - $13
41-60 mins - $18
After 4 p.m. parking - $13
The Sterling Self-Park Garage
(located between Clark and LaSalle on Kinzie)
$24 per day
In by 7 a.m. out by 7 p.m. - $14
In by 9 a.m. out by 7 p.m. - $18 per day
After 3 p.m. and weekends - $6
Marina City Towers
(located on Dearborn, between the Chicago River and Kinzie)
In by 10 a.m. out by 7 p.m. - $10.75
*Rates include taxes
Rates and Hotels found at hotelplanner.com