National Center for Teaching & Learning
Welcome to the National Center for Teaching and Learning. This is a program put together in order to further The Chicago School's commitment to supporting its faculty's innovative teaching and learning methodologies while also supporting the academic and professional development of its students.
The goals of the National Center for Teaching and Learning are as follows:
- Develop and implement a portfolio of successful initiatives that generates campus-wide interest and participation leading to ongoing improvement of student learning such as workshops, seminars, summer teaching institutes, faculty learning communities, mentoring programs and certificate opportunities.
- Assist faculty in exploration and experimentation with innovative teaching methods and tools.
- Advance the scholarship of teaching and learning across campus.
- Develop and promote initiatives to train students who may enter the academy.
- Develop and implement a portfolio of successful initiatives that promote broad-based, ongoing academic student development including such skills as critical thinking, academic writing for study and academic writing for scholarship and publication.
- Actively seek grant support to help fund Center activities.