Diversity is a fundamental component of The Chicago School’s mission. The school believes that multicultural awareness and cultural sensitivity are essential to the successful practice of professional psychology. The Center for Multicultural and Diversity Studies (CMDS) was chartered to help realize this mission. CMDS has many opportunities for involvement. Please stop by CMDS for additional information and to discuss multicultural issues related to education, professional goals, or personal interests.
CMDS is here for YOU! All are invited and encouraged to drop in and get involved.
Functions of the Center for Multicultural and Diversity Studies:
- Consultation for students and faculty on cultural challenges or diversity issues they may be facing with a client/peer/student.
- Information hub and diversity/multicultural database for students and faculty.
- Sponsors mixers and dialogues that promote cultural interaction, including experiential and immersion workshops that expose us to different perspectives.
- Collect data on the interactions, connections, and diverse experiences of our students in classes, on Practicum, etc.
- Conduct Fieldwork and data gathering on the lived experiences of Chicago’s diverse populations through local immersion trips.
- Gather and make available the research of our own TCSPP scholars on diversity and multiculturalism.