Handbook and Resources

Handbook for Students Travelling Abroad

Can I apply for financial aid to help with study abroad costs?

Do I need a visa? 

All students who will be travelling abroad should read the Department of State's Country Information Sheet for their destination. This information sheet will provide you the most accurate and current information regarding visas and travel conditions.

Helpful Links for Travelers:

U.S. State Department 

Currency Conversions

U.S. Postal Service

Centers for Disease Control: Health Information listed by country, and vaccination and immunization requirements

Embassies and Consulates of the World: Directory and search engine of every nation's embassies

Mobility International: Information on international exchange for people with disabilities

Lesbigay Links:Resources for the gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered international student community and study abroad students

Electricity Voltage and Outlet Information

Cell Phone Tips

Study Abroad/Field Experience Travel Insurance:

All TCSPP-sponsored student abroad programs are required to enroll all participants in our school's plan. This supplemental plan covers sponsored faculty and students while they are in their program with additional coverage of a student or faculty's regular health insurance plan with special insurance for travel. Please note that all inquiries and assistance with claims must be handled directly through their insurance carrier and TCSPP and International Programs and Services do not manage any insurance claims or reimbursements.

Travel Guides 



Spring 2013: 'Know Before You Go' Pre-Departure Video: