Academic Support Resources
Location: Room 338 (325 N. Wells St.)
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 9:30 AM - 6 PM
Services for Students Enrolled in On-Ground and Blended Programs
* Writing consultations (30-50 min.)
* Weekly or biweekly individual tutorials (each meeting with a tutor lasts 50 min.)
* Full diagnostic writing assessments based on samples provided by students (in-person appointment not necessary)
* Consultations on developing and revising cover letters, resumes, and CVs (supplemental to assistance at Career Services)
* Specialized consultations on APA style and formatting
* Specialized consultations and tutorials for speakers of English as a second or foreign language
* Consultations on conference proposals and presentations (including posters)
* In-class presentations on academic and professional writing upon instructor’s request
* Consultations on time management
* Exam accommodations for students with learning disabilities
If you have a brief and particular question about academic/professional writing, call or email the Writing Coaches. We will reply as soon as possible.
When requesting a consultation via email, please mention your program, specify the days and times you are available, and email the paper you would like reviewed by 9 AM on the day of your appointment.
For general questions or concerns, please contact Dr. Katia Mitova, Director of the Center for Academic Excellence, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312.467.8607.
If you are not a student enrolled in an on-ground or blended program at TCSPP-Chicago & Grayslake but are interested in opportunities to improve your academic writing skills, please write to TCSPP National Center for Teaching and Learning at email@example.com.