Volunteering - It Can Get You Hired (Chicago & Webinar)
over 14 million individuals unemployed or underemployed in the United
States, people across the country are becoming increasingly concerned
about their future job opportunities. Understanding these concerns,
Chicago Cares has created an interactive, professional development
workshop that will increase an individual’s potential of getting hired
well before the national average of 39.8 weeks.
At this workshop, you will learn:
Chamblee, is the Coordinator of Volunteer and Leader Services at
Chicago Cares, and has worked in the non-profit sector for over seven
years. He has instructed hundreds of professionals, community members
and students on a range of topics, from customer service best practices
to building life skills. For this specific workshop, Chris utilized
important job recruitment information from HR Manager, Don Arneberg, who
has over 25 years of Human Resource experience.
- How to increase your visibility to job recruiters.
- How to quickly grow your job skills while going to school and/or looking for work.
- How to enhance your resume with volunteer experiences.
- The most effective way to include volunteer experiences on a resume.
- Why a targeted volunteer experience is beneficial for your future employer.
- Untapped resources that will provide you with an advantage as you enter the job market.
Take a look at Chicago Cares website to learn more about the organization and volunteer opportunities in the Chicagoland area:
Have a question? Contact at firstname.lastname@example.org